Monday, July 27, 2009

“Angels beyond the Cotton Candy in the Horizon”

“Mama, I want the blue and white cotton candy,” that is what I used to ay when I was still young. I will drag my mother outside to show her the white fluffy things in the blue background on the horizon. For me, it is the most delicious cotton candy a four year old kid could eat.

My mother would say “That is not a cotton candy, darling. That is the sky. The sky is made by God where angels hide while watching for the people on Earth. The angels are guardians who watch out for little kids to find out if they are good or bad. They guard children against harm and accidents.”

“I have an angel, mother?” I used to ask, “Yes, darling. Look at the sky,” she said pointing at the sky, “Your angel is up there, his wings are hidden in the fluffy white clouds and his robe is hanging on the blue horizon.”

Ever since that day, I would look at the sky and say that my angel is up the white and blue cotton candy watching over me.

When I stepped on the phase of my elementary life, I learned different things, things about the sun, stars, moon, trees, birds, mountains and definitely the sky. The clouds are the white fluffy cotton candy which are formed from a series of evaporation and pour down after cycle that includes condensation. That is the time that I thought of the words of Mother, “the sky is made by God where angels hide while watching for the people on Earth,” then I asked myself, “are there really angels above those large delicious-looking white and blue cotton candy? Did Mother said it so that I won’t go looking for cotton candy? Was she imagining things? Was that just a tale made up for children to enjoy?

Then I came into conclusion, the sky is made by God not to be eaten but to be appreciated and to inspire people to imagine it. They were made by God for people to enjoy, to inspire poet to write poetry, to let little children believe in angels and to let older people make up stories for children to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment