Thursday, July 30, 2009

Love... A Worthy Topic

As a secondary teacher, I'm teaching teen-age kids. Some people might think that it is hard to teach these kids but actually it is not. Because of their surprisingly high energy and unsurpassing stamina, we find them hard to handle. You just have to learn their views, interests and activities.

The kids now-a-days are very hyper and they are always looking for means to entertain themselves, which includes love itself.

How did I say that it is just an entertainment?

I'm twenty-two, and with a maturing person like me who is still single, love is not that easy to find. Work and responsibity taught me to think first before I act. In terms of a companion, I am looking for a man who is worthy enough, whether just a companion, he has to be capable enough to support all my means. I have to think about the future, ofcourse.

But these kids, ah, they are young and careless. They do not need to think about the future. Love for them is a game that they are just playing. Courtship is as easy as A-B-C and verbs are even harder.

They talk about love like how grown-ups talk about it but they change their heart as much as they change their undies.

This so happen as my topic is about love that they said that one of their classmates had only one crush from first to third year of her stay in school. I am so amazed that I actually congratulate her. I guess she has a very pure heart and a heart that is always gold.

Love can be a game for some of the teen-agers, but game as it is, they must not forget that they have a responsibility also and that is themselves. They have to take care of themselves as not to go beyond the bounderies of the thing they call "Love." And we as the grown-ups, we have to bare with them because that is their way of self-expression, that is their interest, but we have to be patient in supervising them because that is our responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment